Application requirements for Teacher Training Courses
- Prospective SWYA Teacher Training students must have a minimum of 2 years’ yoga experience, and have completed the BWY Foundation Course (or equivalent) by the start of the course.
- Prospective Progression SWYA Teacher Training students must have completed a BWY Certificate in Teaching Yoga.
- It is a requirement that you attend course induction days, which form part of the course hours. However please note that attendance at induction days does not necessarily guarantee an offer of a place on the course.
- Course homework is submitted electronically, so it is important that you are able to use a computer (or are willing to learn) and have access to email on a regular basis.
- Adequate literacy skills in English are necessary in order to complete the homework.
- Students must have started the BWY online course – Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology – before commencing the diploma course. More information on this will be given at the induction day.
- Students from any tradition or style of yoga are welcome to apply.
- Physical limitations do not preclude anyone from applying for the course.
If you would like to discuss your yoga experience so far, or need advice on how to get more experience before applying for SWYA yoga teacher training, please send us a message on our contact page to arrange an time for an informal chat on the phone.